Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Wedding To Remember....

I usually hate attending weddings stag as it usually results in me feeling borderline depressed about my single status while everyone couples up and slow dances...so I usually end up drowning my sorrows in multiple glasses of wine, champagne, beer, or whatever else is available. So you can imagine my surprise when I attended a wedding of a good friend recently and had an absolutely FANTASTIC time! I even met a cute boy in the process (in between my glasses of wine, champagne, and beer of course!)

The wedding was gorgeous and the reception had a fabulous view of the Pacific Ocean that I appreciated while I sipped my wine prior to dinner. The night started out with yummy food and some dancing to oldies (music played to keep the older folks happy), about halfway into the reception it really kicked into high gear, and it didn't hurt that almost everyone still standing had lost all inhibitions and were having a great time! The after-party was when all of the shenanigans occurred...more drinking, game playing, water fights, and my great idea to drag the cute boy down to the beach for an adventure! The adventure entailed some innocent hand holding, a little kissing while we stood in the water on the beach at 2am, a lot of talking, some attempted tree climbing, me falling into a prickly bush, some more kissing and a frolic on the grass on the way back from the beach. It was quite the adventure...I'm somewhat surprised that no one sent a search party out for us! By the end of the night I had given my phone number to the cute boy and was excited at the possibility of having more adventures with him!

Approximately 5 minutes after leaving the after party I received a text from the cute boy saying what a great time he had...we'll see where this goes! :)

1 comment: