Monday, August 1, 2011

Dating Insanity....

After mutliple failed romances I've come to the realization that I keep dating the same guy. Sure, they are technically different guys, or so I foolishly think, until the inevitable day arrives that I realize that, no, they are all essentially unavailable and not ready for relationships. So, I've decided that it's time to branch out and meet men in a different way. Thus far, my tried and true methods of meeting a quality guy have failed, and failed miserably. Maybe it's where and how I'm meeting them that inevitably results in another failed relationship? Afterall, the definition of dating insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different relationship results. I need to start doing things differently if I am going to get different results!

After coming to this realization...I signed up for a popular online dating site and got to work! I had high hopes that this would be a fabulous way to meet a quality guy that was looking for a relationship. I anticipated that instead of meeting a man that was only interested in me for a physical relationship or a trophy on his arm, that I would meet a man that was actually interested in me. Well, shortly after signing up I was bombarded with emails...it was overwhelming and I didn't know where to start. What had I gotten myself into?! So I did what anyone else would do....opened a bottle of wine and started reading through emails from my potential suitors. A large majority of the emails that I got in the first 24 hours got deleted immediately without as much as a second thought. (Now, I understand that this may sound shallow and superficial, but when you get over 50 emails in 24 hours you are allowed to be picky!) But some of the emails I didn't even read, I'll be the first to admit that I looked at the picture and made my decision based solely on that for at least half of them. Others were deleted based on age (too old or too young specifically), location (why contact me when you live in Florida?!), and others simply because I was bored reading their email and/or profile.

Suprisingly, in the overwhelming response that I received on that first day there was one single email that caught my eye, upon reading his profile and looking at pictures (it's no secret that physical attraction is important too!) I decided to respond. I had no idea what would come of this but I was excited to find out! Hopefully this would mean that I wouldn't need to keep kissing frogs to find my prince charming...maybe just this one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment